Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spin Art!

Simple, no cost and LOTS of fun!
I have to admit this wonderfully simple idea came from one of my staff at daycare. Sierra goes to our Fleetwood centre on days I have to work at the centres or when I have to get actual work done in the office! A couple days ago Sierra came home with a Spin Art painting and we just had to make MORE! (Similar to salad spinner art but this was much simpler for her 2 1/2 year old hands)

All you need is a lazy susan. You can find them quite easily at thrift stores so don't run out and buy one if you don't happen to have one at home.

Paper, paint/brushes, scissors and tape (which should all be in your art cupboard)

To do:

1) Trace around your lazy susan to get the circle shape and cut it out. My paper wasn't quite big enough so I had to improvise and make our circles a bit smaller.
2) Tape the circle to the tray.
3) Choose paint colours. We chose red, yellow and blue so we could watch the colours mix.
4) Spin your tray and touch down a paint loaded brush and watch your art appear!

Sierra loved this and it was so simple. I think a collection of them would make an interesting art display on a large wall.

Sorry for poor picture quality but I wanted to show the blurr of motion :)
Thanks Andrea for the great idea!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea... can't wait to try it. Thanks!

    Valerie
    http://www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! We'll have to try this at home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)