Followers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Taking Stock

As I mentioned in my last post I have joined Crafting my Life HERE. I am over a week behind but have just finished my first task and it feels good to finally sit down and take the time to do this. I did afterall join this ecourse for a reason...

This task was to Take Stock... to think about who we are and what matters to us, to think about who we are and who we want to be... to take stock...Here is what I discovered about me... (I decided to repost my comment from our Ning group)

"I am lets just say doing one of the things I do best...procrastinating...well not even. I just haven't been able to force myself to take the time to sit down for ME and actually do these tasks. I have popped on here on occasion and read a few discussions briefly but haven't made the time to get busy. I do really WANT to and tonight is my night to start. I am hoping after biting the bullet and starting that this will come a little easier for me.


My lists are a scatterings of 4 pages of journal notes which I will try to short-form here :) I tend to be long winded yet I always feel like I trip over the words and they don't come out very easily.


I am creative, trustworthy, honest, reliable, a hardworker, obsessive, a perfectionist, procrastinator, quiet, laid back, patient (most of the time), positive, compassionate, caring, shy, sensitive, great with kids, a hands on learner, believer of process not product...


I love creating, crafting, reading, spending time with family, nature and the out doors, camping, quading, horseback riding, hot tubbing, nature walks, treasure hunting, photography or rather taking pictures, sleeping in, coffee, scrapbooking


(when I look at my list of loves I feel sad as most of them I don't have time or rather don't make the time for enough)


I believe a positive attitude will bring positive actions (this helped me and still helps me everday while living with the effects of MS)


I like my box I live in and am scared to venture too far out for fear of critisim or what others might think...really deep down I wish I were more brave, so perhaps I don't really like my box...I am just used to it and therefore am comfortable in it and scared to venture from the known to the unknown...


I really really want to homeschool but I am scared to for fear of not being able to provide my children with all the opportunities they deserve. I am scared to send my 4 year old to school in September. I feel like I am setting her up for failure as I think the school system will have too much structure for her...or will it be good? Perhaps I am not structured enough???


I am terrible at saying no. I load way to much on my plate and wonder why I can't get everything finished and become overwhelmed, then unmotivated to do anything until the pressure is really on.


I have high expectations of my self, almost unattainably high...I am super woman afterall...I should be able to do everything that is asked of me on a daily basis...right? I hate feeling as if I may fail at something and would rather not try something new then take the chance of looking like a fool. I take care and pride in everything I do. I am a doer and need to learn to delegate and ask for help.


I love to read blogs and blog myself and wish I made more time to do it more regular.


I HATE confrontation and would rather give in then cause an uproar even if I know I am right.


I live in clutter and am a pack rat. I get attached to things and have a hard time letting go beacuase I might need it someday...I don't mind it but it drives my husband crazy! I am not good at keeping the house clean but hey that makes our house a home :) We'd rather play then work ;)


I am scared to death of dying and I try to live life for the moment and to the fullest. We have one life to live so we might as well make it count and be as happy as we can!


I hate that my children both have health issues that are very trying on our family. I love it when my 4 year old can smile at you and melt your heart even right after a tantrum that makes you want to pound her! I also love it when my 3 year old laughs her belly laughs and smiles with her eyes even though she can not speak yet. I love that my 22 year old and I are so close...more like best friends then mother daughter.


Weird facts about me...

I have a small bald spot on the back of my head thanks to my brother in childhood

I love horses, orca's and dragonflys

I could eat cheesecake everyday

I love sleeping in

I love coffee any time of the day or night!

I am an obsessive treasure hunter be it at a yardsale, value village, thriftstore etc...


OK I'll end now...Taking stock has brought some items to my attention...most importantly...I LOVE my loves and need to do them more!!!


Thank you Amber!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see this here, and to have you along for the journey!

    And don't sweat it if you feel you're "behind". The point is to take it at your pace, in a way that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comments Amber especially since you must be so busy right now :) Week 2 is finished and I am enjoying my discoveries! thanks for creating a wonderful course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)