Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Red, Green and White Day 8 and our elf on the shelf

Today's matchbox for our countdown to Christmas said it was Red, Green and White for dinner and nails.

We had green spaghetti (cook as normal and add green food colouring), with red sauce and a white cheese star on top and a little side of spinach and tomatoes.

Green milk with white whipped cream and a red cherry
Green and red pudding with white whipped cream and a red cheery for desert (again I used food colouring as I didn't think my girls would like pistachio pudding).
Then after dinner we painted nails with red, green and white nail polish.
Aayla wanted happy faces

Sierra wanted candy cane stripes with a pattern
of green on the top on every other finger???

I didn't take a picture but their toes are white with red hearts <3 
As for Elfie our Elf on the shelf...he had fun building snowmen last night...
Elfie our elf on the shelf builds snowmen

7 comments:

  1. Love the red, green and white dinner! I will have to remember to try this...my 5 year old would love it! Stopping by from Fun Stuff Fridays.

    Brittney
    www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute green pasta - why haven't I thought of that? And love the nail polish!!
    Beth =-)
    TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! I didn't realize that if you just added food coloring to the water, it would change the color of the pasta! This would be a perfect link for my "Food Adventure Friday," I'd love it if you'd join :)http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/2011/12/food-adventure-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all :) Just to clarify...the food colouring was added to the cooked pasta not the water ;) I linked up Julie...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I am so trying this with my kids this month! I found you through Toys in the Dryer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hopping along to Inspirations by D. I enjoyed your visit. I love those green noodles up there, how fun is that! Thank you for sharing the creative things to make with green, red and white. Will have to try that out with my family:-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)