Followers

Monday, November 15, 2010

More Fall Crafts

This past week week we spent a bit of time decorating for this fall season before Christmas is in full swing upon us...my how it creeps up oh so fast! Fall is my favourite season. (But Ohhhhh how I love the Christmas holidays and sooo look forward to being able to enjoy the holiday season this year)

I love the colours as all the leaves magically change to their shades or yellows, oranges and reds. It is the one thing I miss living here on the West coast. Our falls are not like they used to be on the East coast...but they are beautiful here too in a different way and definitely a lot more GREEN:)

To bring some of the fall colours inside we made this banner: (the pumpkin, spider and pressed leaves the girls made at daycare)

We took our inspiration from this tutorial by MayaMade but we strung fall coloured pompoms and added egg carton acorns which in my head sounded like a great idea but not quite so thrilled with how they turned out. The girls both had lots of fun painting our newspaper leaves :)

And our finished project looks pretty good, even despite our egg carton acorns looking more like miniature houses! I would LOVE to make some of these felted acorns in the future but for right now I was happy to get our banner made and up.

Also this week we used up some play dough which was on it's last life and they had a fantastic time creating leaf creatures with play dough, cookie cutters, googly eyes, shells, rocks, seaglass and even some glass decorative blobs. They had sooo much fun with this, it kept them busy for close to an hour!
Happy fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)