Followers

Friday, January 3, 2014

Building Orange Peel Towers

Some would look at this pile of orange peels and think what on earth is that child doing...



Me...
-I see Aayla being creative
-I see her mind working hard
-I see how proud she is of this game she has created
-I see fine motor skills being practiced
-I see her developing hand eye coordination
-I see her body being nourished as she devours two large oranges to get more peels
-I see her problem solving as she is learning about balance (and can almost see the wheels turning in her mind at times as I watch her work for about 45 minutes on this)
-I see in her a child's natural ability to just PLAY


" Play is the highest form of research"
-Albert Einstein

"It is a happy talent to know how to play"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson 
"When we treat children's play as seriously as it deserves, we are helping them feel the joy that's to be found in the creative spirit. It's the things we play with and the people who help us play that make a great difference in our lives."
-Fred Rogers

 
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"
-George Bernard Shaw

Project 365.2 taken and I see my opportunity to PLAY with a new collage app (it's simply called Collage and the free version has lots of pop ups but it works wonderfully) Win Win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)