Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Spy Ornament gifts

I recently got a bag of 15 clear glass baubles at a thrift store so we have been busy making all kinds of ornaments. There were a couple plastic ornaments which I was just going to donate back but then I saw this I SPY Ornament idea and I knew my girls would LOVE them.

They were so easy to do and the girls love shaking them up. They made one each to keep with their ornament collection and we will make more for a couple of their little friends.

Here is what you need: clear plastic baubles, pellets (I got mine at the thrift store too not sure where else to buy them...the tutorial above used epsom salts instead), small beads, buttons and trinkets to add to the ball, ribbon and a glue gun.
The girls chose 20 items each to add to their balls.


We laid them all out and took a picture of them.


We printed out this picture so they know which items are in it and can search for each item (they also have been playing together one at a time searching for something the other suggested).

To begin, fill one half of the plastic bauble with pellets.


Fill the other half with the items of your choice. Now for the tricky part...placing one half on top of the other.
 NOTE we didn't add more pellets before placing the top on and had a tricky time opening the bauble again to add more pellets. It would be much better to top off the bauble with pellets before placing it ontop of the other half.
Now for the fun part...shake, shake, shake to mix them all up.

Here Sierra is searching for one of her treasures.
 Happy that she found it :) So fun!
 We were shaking a little too much and one burst open before we glued the ribbon around the seem where the two halves meet. So you may want to do the ribbon before you start your shaking too!

We also made some glitter globes... You will need a glass bauble, glitter glue and someway to stabilize the bauble while they decorate (we stuck a sharpie marker in the open end and stood it upright in a glass).

 Now just cover the bauble with glitter glue, allow to dry and hang...it doesn't get much simpler then that!




I really want to make some of THESE!!! I have some feathers we have collected on our walks and I think this would be a perfect way to preserve them :) These are great to keep out all year too!

5 comments:

  1. I L~O~V~E your I spy ornament!! So creative, fun to make, and pretty on the tree too!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!! Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the I spy ornament, totally going to have to do this,
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are tight I think the girls would like this too!... next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea!!!


    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party, hope to see you there again this week

    Natasha xx

    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and visiting your blogs too :)